· IMPORTANT – Do not feed your pet any food after midnight the day before surgery. A little water is okay. If your pet is under 3 months, allow a small amount of food (1/2 teaspoon for kitten, 1 tablespoon for puppies) in the morning.
· Please have your pet on a leash or in a carrier. If you don’t have a leash or carrier, get one from our check-in area BEFORE taking your pet out of your vehicle.
· If there is a risk that your dog will bite or display aggressive behavior, please ask for a muzzle BEFORE bringing your dog into the check-in area.
· JOSHUA TREE CLINICS – Please drive around the building and park inside the back gate.
POST SURGERY INSTRUCTIONS: Click here for printable instructions that will help ensure your pet has a successful recovery
THE BENEFITS OF SPAYING & NEUTERING YOUR PETS…
Did you know that having your dog altered is healthy for your dog and your wallet?
Look at the difference in license fee:
San Bernardino County – Unaltered Dog – $96 1yr, Altered Dog – $24 1yr
Riverside County – Unaltered Dog – $100 1yr, Altered Dog – $17 1yr
· Your pet will live a longer, healthier life
· Your pet will have less stress, discomfort and distraction
· Reduces the urge to roam away from home
· You will be saving hundreds of lives
· Stops the heat cycle…no bloody discharge anymore
· Reduces mounting
· Stops unwanted visits from other male animals
· You will be looked at as a responsible pet owner!!!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS/ANSWERS
Q – When and how do I pay for spay/neuter/vaccines/microchips/nail trims?
A – Please pay at the time your animal is checked in. We accept CASH ONLY. No checks or credit/debit card. Thank you!!!
Q – Do I need an appointment for spay/neuter and vaccinations?
A – You will need an appointment for spay/neuter surgeries but not vaccinations.
Q – How old does my pet need to be to get spay/neutered?
A – 8 weeks old
Q – Does my pet have to be in good health to have surgery?
A – Yes, animals can not have fevers, nasal discharge, vomiting, coughing or diarrhea prior to surgery.
Q – What time do I bring my pet to AAL on surgery day?
A – You will be given a time when you schedule your appointment.
Drop off is as follows:
8:00 am – ALL cats
8:15 am – Large-XXL Female dogs
8:30 am – XS-Medium Female dogs
8:45 am – Large-XXL Male dogs
9:00 am – XS-Medium Male dogs
Q – What time do I pick my pet up on surgery day from AAL?
A – Pick up times are approximately 2:30-4:00 p.m. You will be given a time at drop off to come pick up your pet.
Q – Are surgeries done by a veterinarian?
A – Yes all surgeries are performed by a Licensed DVM (Vet).
Q – How do I care for my pet after surgery?
A – AAL will provide a sheet with after surgery information to pet owner at time of drop off.
If you have any concerns about your pet after surgery, please call us immediately at (760) 464-6970.